A scholarship program for vocal, instrumental, and general music education students in the areas colleges and universities to provide a consistent environment to participate in church music leadership positions as they take part in singing in the Trinity Chorale, playing in the Trinity Orchestra, or participating in Preschool and Children’s Choir Leadership positions (additional responsibilities based on talent and skill sets). Due to the success of this program and the high return rate of scholars from previous years, we have limited spots available for this season (2022-2023).
Scholarships range from $1,000-$1,500 annually ($500-$750 per semester).
Why Participate in this Program?
- This scholarship program is designed to provide a place for college students to connect their passion and training in music to their faith in Jesus Christ!
- Receive the support of a “home away from home” church family.
- Create lasting friendships with other students from area colleges and universities.
- Opportunity to participate in an active music ministry involving children, students, and adults.
- You can become an integral part of the faith family of Trinity Baptist Church and give back to the San Antonio community.
Trinity Baptist Church Choral Music Scholars become full participating members of the Trinity Chorale and are required to attend weekly rehearsals on Wednesdays and worship on Sundays.
Trinity Baptist Church Instrumental Music Scholars become full participating members of the Trinity Orchestra and are required to attend weekly rehearsals on Wednesdays and worship on Sundays when the orchestra plays, approximately twice a month.
Participation in at least two seasonal concerts, solo opportunities, and monthly discussions are required of all Scholars, the Fall Retreat is also required for the Choral Music Scholars. The rehearsal schedule resets each Fall Semester and will be announced here at a later date.
Following your application submission, an interview and audition will be scheduled with you. Audition requirements include one prepared solo and sight reading. Contact Jacob Sensenig, Minister of Music & Worship Arts at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.