The mission of Trinity Baptist Church is to be a caring family of believers communicating and applying the life-changing message of Christ’s unconditional love in San Antonio and in regions around the world.
What We Believe
- We believe that God is One, known to us by the fullness of the Trinity; Creator, Christ, Holy Spirit.
- We believe that salvation is freely available to everyone through faith in Christ and that faith consists of:
- Accepting one’s need for forgiveness and God’s love
- Believing in Christ as the Son of God
- Committing one’s life to follow Christ
- We believe that the Bible is God’s inspired word and is our authority for faith and practice.
- We believe that baptism is a public act of celebration of one’s commitment to Christ.
- We believe that participation in the Lord’s Supper is a communal act of worship that symbolically affirms our continued faith in Christ.
- We believe in the historic Baptist Distinctives of:
- The Priesthood of the Believer (freedom of the individual conscience)
- Religious Liberty and its corollary, the separation of Church and State
- The autonomy of the local church
- We believe that every Christian believer is a minister called to contribute to God’s Kingdom work.
- We believe that everyone has the spiritual right to know God’s love and therefore we are active with missions and evangelism.
- We believe the challenge of the Great Commission to “go and make disciples of all nations” (Matthew 28:19) requires the full deployment of all God’s ministers, both men and women.
- We believe each human being is made in God’s image.
- We believe how we treat the hungry, the thirsty, the naked, the stranger, the sick, and the prisoner is how we treat Christ.
The outcomes of these objectives are God’s, but we are responsibly seeking to develop the right processes for the resources He provides. Our process is a Spirit led, biblically based and felt-needs approach to ministry. These objectives include:
- Worship for a multi-generational community. Our desired outcome is for people to worship with awe, obedience, and connectedness.
- Family Life enrichment. Our desired outcome is for people to be in healthy, loving, and supportive family relationships.
- Growth through “each one, reach one”. Our desired outcome is for TBC members to connect their faith to relationships with others.
- Discipleship through small relational groups for youth and adults. Our desired outcome is for individuals to participate in relational groups for the benefit of spiritual growth.
- Spiritual Gift based ministry. Our desired outcome is for TBC members to know the joy of being involved in purposeful ministry that is life-transforming, and will enrich Trinity Baptist Church, San Antonio, and the world.
- Missions. Through missions our membership continues to share the gospel with their actions and their words to people who live beyond our first culture. Our desired outcome is for our members to build gospel bridges across cultural divides and for our congregation to be known as a mission-minded church.
- Stewardship. As members of Trinity give of their time and finances, God’s plans can be achieved. Our desired outcome is for each TBC member to experience the fulfillment of lifestyle stewardship.