- The Bible is God’s word to humanity and the only sufficient authority under the lordship of Jesus Christ as the rule of doctrine and practice.
- God is the ruler of all humankind; Christ is the Head of the Church, ruling through
the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in a regenerated Church membership, and we believe that the
conversion experience through faith in Christ is a prerequisite for Church membership.
- We believe that immersion in water answers to Christ’s command to baptize and
that such immersion symbolizes the heart of the gospel message, death, burial,
- We believe in the two New Testament ordinances, Baptism and The Lord’s
Supper, and we believe that both are symbolic in nature.
- We believe in the freedom of the individual conscience; in the voluntary principle,
not the coercive principle in religion.
- We believe in the total independence and separation of church and state.
- We believe that Christian cooperation is not dependent upon organizational
unification. We believe we are united as brothers in Christ with all others who are
children of God by grace through faith in Our Lord Jesus Christ.
The outcomes of these objectives are God’s, but we are responsibly seeking to develop the right processes for the resources He provides. Our process is a Spirit led, biblically based and felt-needs approach to ministry. These objectives include:
- Worship for a multi-generational community. Our desired outcome is for people to worship with awe, obedience, and connectedness.
- Family Life enrichment. Our desired outcome is for people to be in healthy, loving, and supportive family relationships.
- Growth through “each one, reach one”. Our desired outcome is for TBC members to connect their faith to relationships with others.
- Discipleship through small relational groups for youth and adults. Our desired outcome is for individuals to participate in relational groups for the benefit of spiritual growth.
- Spiritual Gift based ministry. Our desired outcome is for TBC members to know the joy of being involved in purposeful ministry that is life-transforming, and will enrich Trinity Baptist Church, San Antonio, and the world.
- Missions. Through missions our membership continues to share the gospel with their actions and their words to people who live beyond our first culture. Our desired outcome is for our members to build gospel bridges across cultural divides and for our congregation to be known as a mission-minded church.
- Stewardship. As members of Trinity give of their time and finances, God’s plans can be achieved. Our desired outcome is for each TBC member to experience the fulfillment of lifestyle stewardship.