Sermon Your Family: Growing Wonder in Your Relationships
Mutual trust is essential for families to thrive. God’s trustworthiness forms the foundation upon which families build trust. The following guidelines explain how trust enables us to grow wonder in our relationships.
- Relate in love, “Perfect love casts out fear.”
- Work Together to bring about God’s best.
- Focus through love to work out differences and not be distracted by grudges, envy, jealousy, pridefulness, blaming, and “my way or no way” attitude.
- Speak respectfully while working through differences among ourselves.
- Responsibly deal with our “own issues” so we can be helpful and not a hindrance.
- Seek to understand each other by connecting with each other spiritually, emotionally, and mentally.
- Seek forgiveness when trust is bruised.
- Lead with integrity by being trustworthy.
- Model cohesiveness as the family of God.
- Stimulate each other to grow personally and as family & friends.
- Enjoy each other with smiles & hugs.
“Imitate God by being kind, caring, and forgiving of each other. Live together as God’s children, equally dependent on Christ’s grace.” Ephesians 4:32-5:1
“All followers of Christ are to be trustworthy and through this trust we mutually submit by becoming servant leaders for Christ.” Ephesians 5:21
Pastor Les Hollon - January 31, 2016
Your Security: Securing Your Security In Our Insecure World
From Series: "Ephesians: God's Pattern for Living in 2016 and Eternity (January 2016)"
We are created by God. erefore it makes sense that if we are to live our best life we need to grow our lives in God's provided ways. God did not make us by using a cookie cutter pattern. erefore, one size does not t all. is means we are incredibly diverse by God's design. We each have our own DNA. HOWEVER, we do share basic characteristics, and there are common ways for us to grow. By understanding these common ways, we can best celebrate our unity and our diversity. And through these patterns we can daily lean into God's eternal pattern for us.