A scholarship program for vocal, instrumental, church music and music education students in area colleges and universities. The aim is to provide a consistent environment to participate in church music leadership positions as students take part in singing in the Trinity Chorale, playing in the Trinity Orchestra, and/or participating in Preschool and Children’s Choir leadership positions. (Additional responsibilities based on talent and skill sets.) Due to the success of this program and the high return rate of scholars from last year, we have limited spots available for this season.
Scholarships range from $1000-$1500 annually
($500-$750 per semester)
Why participate in this program?
- This scholarship program is designed to provide a place for college students to connect their passion and training in music to their faith in Jesus Christ!
- Receive the support of a “home away from home” church family
- Create lasting friendships with other students from area colleges / universities
- Opportunity to participate in an active music ministry involving children, youth and adults
- You can become an integral part of the faith family of Trinity Baptist Church and give back to the San Antonio community
TBC Choral Music Scholars become full participating members of Trinity Chorale and are required to attend weekly rehearsals on Wednesdays, 7pm-8:30pm, and Sunday worship, 10:15am-11:15am for fall semester. TBC Instrumental Music Scholars become full participating members of Trinity Orchestra and are required to attend bi-weekly rehearsals on Sundays, Noon-1:30pm, and Sunday worship, 8:30am-11:15am, when the orchestra plays (approximately twice a month). Participation in at least two seasonal concerts, solo opportunities and monthly discussions are required of all Scholars and the Fall retreat is also required for the Choral Music Scholars. The schedule for Instrumental Scholars begins on Sunday, August 25, 2019. The schedule for Choral Scholars begins on August, 28, 2019.
(deadline August 19, 2019)
Complete application below.
An interview will be scheduled with you upon receipt of your application. Audition requirements include one prepared solo and sight reading.
Contact Jacob Sensenig, Minister of Music and Worship Arts at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.