Every Child Needs a Champion
We have many wonderful volunteers that give to children in a variety of ways; Sunday school teachers, Upward Coaches, Vacation Bible school leaders just to name a few. Why is it important to have consistent people in children’s lives? Reggie Joiner says, “Kids at every phase will have a champion who makes them a priority”. Rita Pierson states, “Every child deserves a champion, an adult who will never give up on them, who understands the power of connection, and insists that they become the best that they can possibly be.” Moses actually was the first guy to tell us that it takes a village to raise children as he implies in Deuteronomy 6 “ we are all responsible for the faith and future of the kids in our community”.
In each phase of life, children need a consistent person at church to care for them and here is why:
- Preschoolers need a consistent adult because they can be terrified by an unfamiliar face.
- Elementary kids need a consistent adult because they will tell anything to a stranger.
- Middle schoolers need a consistent adult because nothing else in their life is consistent.
- High schoolers need a consistent adult because they only trust people who show up consistently.
We need volunteers who will:
- Embrace preschoolers to feel safe
- Engage children so they can believe
- Affirm middle schoolers so they will keep believing
- Mobilize teenagers to participate in something significant.
If you are looking for a place to serve please thing about with our children. They need you so that the champion in their life at these stages in from their church and helps them discover the spiritual truths that God has for them.